Thursday, February 4, 2010

Knit and Purl

I have been interested in knitting or crocheting since I discovered crocheted wash cloths several years ago. I love them, and have wanted to be able to make my own, but never took the time to learn. My mom even bought me a knit a wash cloth kit about 5 years ago. I just opened the box about 2 months ago! It had some really pretty yarn, and very detail-less directions. I ended up Googling how to knit, and let me just say, I wasn't very successful. My self taught lesson lasted all of 30 minutes before I gave up. That pretty yarn hasn't been out of the box since.

Fast forward to today...I had my first official knitting lesson. Lin Barnett of Ewe Knits sat down with me for 2 hours tonight and taught me the knit stitch and purl stitch! I am so excited and proud of how well I did. Take a look...



Ha -ha!! Just kidding. This beauty came from Brooke's Column of Leaves Knitted Scarf Pattern.

Here's what I created...



It doesn't look like much, but it's a lot of happy little stitches all tied up together. I go back for my second lesson next week. I wonder what I'll learn next?

No comments: