Sunday, April 25, 2010

What did you do this weekend?

Our Saturday was stormy and wet, so we didn't do much. I did attempt to make lasagna in the crockpot. Ummm...I won't be doing that again. John was oh so sweet, and didn't admit to how bad it was at first. He finally caved when I expressed my opinion about it. It wasn't horrible, but it was reminiscent of cafeteria lasagna that's been sitting under a heat lamp. For a long time.

The little wrens were working hard renovating the nest I left in the cat bird house from last Spring. They are so fun to watch and listen to. Look at all those twigs in there! How do they fit them in there?



Sunday was a much brighter, beautiful day. AK spent time playing with EG, our neighbor. They were having a blast in this. Except the one they were playing in was made for rolling in the grass I think. Anyway, I wish I had had my camera! I did have my camera handy for some cooking show action...



But the chef wasn't too cooperative for the paparazzi.

AK and I decided to get a bit crafty. I have been looking for some larger art to hang in my living room, but I can't find anything I like. So I thought, well I love AK's art! So I bought 2 large canvases at Hobby Lobby yesterday with the thought that she could paint something for me.



Not quite what I had in mind.

So I think this will hang in her room. Maybe I can get her to paint it a little more. She got tired.

I started looking around my crafty blogs that I have bookmarked, and I came across this at Simply Modern Mom! This post was the inspiration for my creation.



I still have not decided on the bird. She looks a little big. I haven't Mod Podged it yet just in case I want a smaller birdie. What do you think? Please leave a comment and let me know.

To wrap up our day I made Andes Candies Brownies. All you do to make them is bake brownies as you normally would (we used a mix of course). Then when you take the brownies out of the oven, lay about 30 Andes Candies on top. Wait for them to melt a little, and swirl with a knife.



Oh.my.goodness.

These are so yummy. And definitely not on my "look decent in a bathing suit" plan.

3 comments:

amy'smom said...

Wow, I think you did a good job on the tree painting. Are those fabric leaves or maybe fancy scrapbook paper? I agree that the bird is a little large so a smaller one might be better for proportions, but it's still pretty cute. I can't believe how crafty you are becoming! :)

aware said...

Thanks :) The leaves are cut from magazine pages. I'll work on a smaller bird.

Anonymous said...

your tree canvas turned out so well! i love the colors! do you mind linking some pictures of it on my flickr group so you can show it off to other readers too? http://www.flickr.com/groups/simplymodernmom/

Thanks for sharing this with me!

Tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}