Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pretty Flowers

AK and I picked out some pretty flowers :)












The pictures don't do them much justice, but we had fun planting them. AK didn't want to mess up her manicure, so I did most of the digging.



I just tried to keep my toes clean :)



We went yesterday and had our first Mommy/Daughter pedicures, and AK got a manicure too. Oh, it was fun! She wants to go back today, and tomorrow...and the next day.

Back to my yard...
It is beginning to look pretty. I have been trying to pull weeds, but they are EVERYWHERE! I do a little every time I am in the yard.

I am excited about the size of my hydrangea. We planted it 2 or 3 years ago, and last year was the first year it bloomed. Look at it today (just ignore the weeds).
No blooms yet, but it's getting big!!



And here is the other corner of the yard. Lovely.



This corner had a hydrangea about 3 summers ago. It didn't make it.
But the dandelions and wild violets obviously love it here!


3 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey Amy,
I just sat here and read your entire blog! Yes, all of the posts from day 1! Now I have stayed up way too late since we have to go back to school tomorrow. Anyway, I really enjoyed seeing a part of your home life that I don't usually see too much of!

See you bright and early in the morning,
Cindy

Dorkys Ramos said...

Such pretty flowers! I have a black thumb so I'd have to buy them already bloomed in order to get some nice ones around my apartment.

aware said...

Oh, these were already blooming! I have terrible luck with plants. Hopefully these will hang on :)