Monday, January 11, 2010

I am so proud of my family. Our quest to cut back/eliminate the use of paper towels is going well. I have placed a stack of old dishcloths under the sink for easy access for spills and general clean up. I used to always serve AK's morning toast on a paper towel, as well as snacks, etc. I was running out of plates quickly, and felt strange serving a piece of toast on a dinner plate! So I went to Goodwill this weekend and bought about 8 small plates. Actually, I think they are saucers, but they will work just fine. This has not been as hard as I thought it would be. I do find myself reaching for the paper towel roll, but it has been replaced by a new plant on my kitchen counter!

I did have one "slip up". I had to change the cat litter box. After I rinsed it I did not want to wipe it out with my dishcloth, so I used paper towels. There, I said it. Until I come up with an alternative, I will have to use the paper towels. The thought of kitty litter covered dishcloths did not make me happy!

On to better topics than kitty litter...

Look what John and I made yesterday!

Yes, that is Olive Cheese Bread from The Pioneer Woman's website. Oh my, was it rich and delicious! I could feel my hips expanding with each bite. Did I mention it has a stick of butter in it??? It was quite tasty, but I think I might make a few modifications next time. I will use less butter and mayo for sure. However, I was thinking it might be yummy to replace the butter with cream cheese, and top it with shredded Parmesan. OOOhhhh so yummy! Here are a few more pictures to document the delicious journey :)




Click on over to her website. It's full of amazing recipes. I could spend hours there!

No comments: