Sunday, April 19, 2009

Shredded

This was the week I decided to get serious about bathing suit season. I began Walk Away the Pounds with Cindy. We huffed and puffed through the two mile walk every day this week except Friday. I had been reading reviews about Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, so I ordered it last weekend. It arrived Thursday, but I decided to wait to try it. The box was very intimidating, sitting there on my shelf...staring at me....daring me to try it! So yesterday I gave in and popped the dvd in the player. Oh. My. God. I really thought I was going to pass out before it was over. I made it through the grueling 28 minutes and experienced muscle tremors for about another 30 minutes.

This morning my muscles are screaming quietly. I am giving myself a break today, but I may try to work in some cardio. I bought another Biggest Loser cardio workout that I might try. I am proud of myself for working out this much. I've also been tracking calories at sparkpeople.com. I go over my allotted calories daily, but it helps me really look at what's going in my mouth each day.

I will hop back on the shred bandwagon tomorrow. I think it will have to be an every other day workout. Don't "they" say to let your muscles rest after strength training??

No comments: